ENTERTAINMENT

Bruce Forsyth Will Not Appear On ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ Christmas Special As Concerns For His Health Grow

It won't be the same without him.

01/12/2016 08:05 | Updated 4 days ago

Sir Bruce Forsyth will not feature on this year’s ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ Christmas special, it has been revealed.

Unlike last year, the 88-year-old TV legend has not recorded a video message for the festive edition of the BBC dance show.

Mike Marsland via Getty Images

It was hoped that the veteran star, who has been out of the public eye all year as he recovers from surgery on two life-threatening aneurysms, would be well enough to host this year’s special.

Instead, Tess Daly was joined by Claudia Winkleman during the recording on Monday evening.

A source told The Mirror: “Last year the Strictly message was recorded in December, there are no plans to do one this year.

“It doesn’t seem right at this point. He needs a bit of peace and quiet to get on with getting better.

“How long that will take we don’t know, but he is still having great conversations, and is working with a physio. People need to remember he is 89 in February.”

David M. Benett via Getty Images
Claudia Winkleman and Tess Daly will present this year's 'Strictly' Christmas special.

Last month, Brucie’s wife Wilnelia opened up about his recovery, revealing that she is hopeful he will return to the stage.

Asked if he would return to work, she said: “Yes, let’s hope so. I don’t expect him to go tap dancing but yes, he loves show business and I’m sure with a little bit of luck he should be back.”

She added: “Because he’s 88, usually a man of his age, they are already retired, but he’s been active only until just recently.”

'Strictly Come Dancing': All The Winners
Suggest a correction
Comments

CONVERSATIONS