In fact, 52% of the 2,000 parents surveyed by Nationwide admitted blowing a lot more than they had budgeted on the bash.
But you really don’t need to break the bank to impress your child and here’s why:
1. Your child won’t notice how much you spend.
2. It’s only other parents who might care.
3. And even then, they’re just jealous - wishing they hadn’t spent so much on their child.
4. The children will be satisfied with cake and a cardboard box to play in.
5. And Pinterest has cheap DIY options anyway.
6. Party bags are a waste of money and get thrown in the bin as soon as they get home.
7. Besides, we all survived a childhood of cheap birthday parties without being traumatised.
8. And who wants their party to be the same as everyone else?
9. It will all be over in a couple of hours, so it just isn’t worth the stress.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE TO & FOLLOW UK PARENTS