A German broadcaster has reported an explosion near a migration near Nuremberg.
Bayerischer Rundfunk said the blast took place at Bundesamtes für Migration in Zirndorf, Bavaria.
A suitcase filled with aerosols is thought to have been the source of the explosion on Wednesday afternoon.
The BR24 news website reported witnesses claiming several men were seen running away from the scene after the blast.
Bavarian Police later confirmed a “detonation incident”. There were no immediate reports of injuries.
It comes three days after a Syrian refused asylum injured 12 people and killed himself when an explosive he was carrying in a backpack went off near a music festival in southern Germany.
Joachim Hermann, the Bavarian interior minister, told a press conference the suspect was a 27-year-old asylum seeker who had been denied the right to stay in Germany.
He had been in the country for two years, and was denied asylum a year ago, but allowed to stay in Germany because of the “situation in Syria”.
The incident comes amid heightened tension in Germany following Friday’s mall shooting in Munich that saw nine people killed and a Syrian refugee killing a pregnant woman with a machete in Reutlingen.
Last week, German police shot dead a 17-year-old Afghan refugee after wielding an axe and a knife that injured at least four people on a train in Bavaria.