The presenter was shocked when one of the overhead lamps in the studio blew up, causing a loud bang and a flash of light.
She and co-host Phillip Schofield were presenting an item with the show's guide dog puppy, Clover, when the incident happened.
"Oh my god, what was that?!" Holly shrieked.
"What I love is the fact that the lamp exploded and everybody jumped apart from Clover," Phillip joked.
She then laughed: “Do you know what’s lucky? The fact that the only thing that came out of my mouth was ‘Oh my God!’”
Phil agreed, saying: “Yes, I was thinking that was incredibly lucky!”
Continuing to joke about Holly's close call as they came back from an ad break, Phil added: “The country is so lucky you didn’t swear.”
“I know, I feel sometimes I need to apologise for stuff I say in my head!” she laughed.
It's not the first time the pair have been left stunned by a mishap in the studio, as earlier this year, one of the cameras shattered live on air.
'This Morning' airs weekdays at 10.30am on ITV.
Also on HuffPost
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more