A new video purporting to show British war photographer and hostage of the so-called Islamic State John Cantlie has appeared, after he had not been seen alive for more than a year.
Mr Cantlie, captured by IS in Syria in 2012, previously fronted a series of propaganda videos for the terrorist group.
Since these ended, he has purportedly written articles for the IS propaganda magazine but not been seen alive.
In the latest video, the photojournalist appears gaunt as he ridicules US attempts to destroy the terrorist group.
One supporter said it was "great" to see him alive but dismissed the film, which is dated Saturday but has not been verified, saying: "His words are not those of a free man."
She also questioned when it was made.
The Foreign Office said it was "looking at the contents of this latest propaganda video".
The clip, which first appeared on Twitter, shows the journalist clad in black as he walks around a bomb-damaged building he claims is in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul.
Filmed in daylight, Mr Cantlie is stood beside a road busy with traffic and a number of people can be seen walking by in the background.
Addressing the camera as if presenting a television programme, in the same style he says: "After 20 months and 5 billion dollars, America has successfully destroyed an Islamic State media kiosk.
"If this is what Obama meant about degrading and ultimately destroying Isis, he's clearly got a long way to go yet.
"And you know what's really just amazing, given the amount of money that America is spending on this war, it would go to the effort of destroying a small shack like this, in the middle of Mosul."
He suggests the kiosk, which cost 50 dollars (£35), to build was targeted because the US is "bankrupt of intelligence" on IS targets.
Mr Cantlie's skills as a journalist have been exploited by IS in an attempt to lend credibility to propaganda films, including a series titled Lend Me Your Ears.
The last was released in November 2014.
Journalist Hala Jaber tweeted: "Worth remembering that whatever #John_Cantlie says, he is & remains a hostage and that his words are not those of a free man."
She added the filmed was dated March 19 but was "most likely filmed before".
An article in IS propaganda magazine Dabiq, attributed to Mr Cantlie, appealed for his family to "let him go" and "get on with their lives".
When several issues of Dabiq appeared without an article by Mr Cantlie, supporters feared the worst.
His family has not reacted publicly to the latest video.
Mr Cantlie's sister Jessica has previously appealed for "direct contact" with the militants holding him.
In 2014, his 80-year-old father Paul issued a video appeal from his hospital bed for his son's release. He died from complications following pneumonia shortly afterwards.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more