Things that will always be funny in life: people falling over in public, children swearing, giggling fits.
Now add live TV into the equation and, well, what’s not to love?
Here’s our round-up of the biggest howlers and gaffes ever committed in front of a live televisual audience, and we promise you, even if you’ve seen them before, they really are the gift that keeps on giving.
1. Giggling BBC Weather presenter Louise Lear LOSES it
Come on, we’ve all been there.
2. BBC weatherman Tomasz Schafernaker flips the bird
But it’s the oh-shit-what-have-I-done? face he pulls straight afterwards that we REALLY love.
3. The artist formerly known as Cheryl Cole/Fernandez-Versini’s lip-sync fail
After that performance, we won’t be putting her through.
4. Harvey says the ‘C’ word on ‘Loose Women’
And gets away with it too! We <3 you, Harvey.
5. Jo Joyner’s ‘EastEnders’ live gaffe
Everyone remembers where they were when the Tanya Branning actress mistakenly asked Jane Beale: “How’s Adam?”, referring to actor Adam Woodyatt, rather than his character, Ian Beale. That face says it all.
6. Naked rower makes us spit out our cornflakes
BBC Breakfast viewers got a lot more than they bargained for when a live link up to a group of mums rowing across the Atlantic Ocean revealed one of the team was naked from the waist down. Friction apparently.
7. The wrong winner is announced on ‘Australia’s Next Top Model’
And the winner is... except it’s not. Seriously, you had one job.
8. And it happened to Miss Universe too
Lightening really does strike twice. WARNING: You’ll need to uncurl your toes after watching this clip.
9. Even the late, great Terry Wogan was at it...
Not that either of the Eurovision hopefuls would have won it for us, anyway.
10. John Barrowman falls off his chair during ‘Loose Women’ link-up
That’ll teach him to wear high heels.
11. BBC Weather presenter faints during live forecast
‘Is it me or is it hot in he......’
12. Madonna falls off stage at the Brits
Even the Queen of Pop has her off days (nice recovery though, Madge).
13. Jack Branning gets tongue-tied on ‘EastEnders’ live
What was that Jack? No, sorry, again? Nah, still not getting it.
14. Elton John falls off his chair during tennis tournament
Yep, there’s no way you could have styled that one out, Elt.