Over the past few weeks, Ant and Dec have been taking viewers through the parody mystery series ‘Who Shot Simon Cowell?’, and it was finally revealed which celebrity was responsible for gunning down the music mogul during Saturday’s dramatic climax.
After Louis Walsh, Keith Lemon and David Walliams were all ruled out, Olly stood up and dramatically told the gathered celebs: “The person that shot Simon Cowell is… me.”
It was then up to his former co-presenter Caroline Flack to get up and inform him: “No, no. Olly. It’s not.”
The skit made a reference to an unfortunate moment that took place during one of last year’s ‘X Factor’ live shows, when Olly prematurely told contestant Monica Michael that she’d been eliminated from the competition, only for Caroline to step in and salvage the situation by revealing they’d be going to deadlock instead.
Olly’s faux pas made the headlines, with Caroline, Simon Cowell and even former presenter Dermot O’Leary jumping to his defence in the days that followed.
Addressing the backlash he received for his gaffe a week later, he admitted: “I think you need to put it in perspective with everything that's going on in the world.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, Olly won’t be back to host this year’s series of ‘X Factor’, which will once again see Dermot O’Leary taking the reins when it returns to our screens in summer.
Only one question remains now… who did shoot Simon Cowell? You’ll just have to watch the video above to find out.
Also on HuffPost
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more