A High Court judge has made an order barring publication of photographs in the wake of allegations that an iCloud account belonging to Pippa Middleton was hacked.
The Duchess Of Cambridge’s sister took legal action against a “person or persons unknown” as a result of pictures allegedly being taken taken from her iCloud account.
The Press Associated reported that Mrs Justice Whipple made the order after Middleton - and her fiance, James Matthews - took civil court action.
Neither Middleton nor Matthews was at the hearing.
Barrister Adam Wolanski, who led their legal team, said Middleton thought there had been a “genuine hack”.
He said there had been a “flagrant” and “criminal” act which had caused Middleton “considerable distress”.
Wolanski said newspapers had not published photographs - and he said “Fleet Street” had alerted Miss Middleton to the issue.
Nathan Wyatt, 35, has been released on police bail - pending further inquiries - after being arrested by officers investigating claims Middleton’s iCloud account had been hacked.
Police said the man had been arrested at an address in Northamptonshire late on Saturday on suspicion of a Computer Misuse Act offence.
Pictures of the Duchess of Cambridge and her children, Prince George and Princess Charlotte, are reportedly among 3,000 images taken from Middleton.
Private photographs were said to have been offered to The Sun and Daily Mail newspapers via encrypted messaging service WhatsApp.
The Sun said it had been approached by someone using a pseudonym and asking for £50,000 within 48 hours.
Middleton took legal action in the Queen’s Bench Division of the High Court - where judges analyse claims relating to issues including privacy.