Pokemon Go has well and truly rekindled our desire to go and ‘catch ‘em all’, however thanks to the way in which the mobile game works, that’s proving easier said than done.
Featuring all 151 of the original Pokemon from the Game Boy games Red and Blue you’ll have probably discovered that a lot of your time spent playing will involve catching Pidgeys, Ratattas and Zubats.
To get hold of those elusive rare Pokemon though you’re going to need to either rely on pure luck, or if like us you just can’t wait, then use crowd-sourcing to find the best locations to catch a Lapras, or the very best spot to find a Vaporeon.
Contrary to popular belief you won’t even need to travel far to find some of the rarest Pokemon, in fact many of them are reportedly lurking around some of the 10 major attractions in the UK.
AttractionTix has been trawling the internet and found that remarkably many of the best can be found in and around major landmarks.
10 Best Famous Locations For Finding Rare Pokemon
- Tower of London - Koffing, Tentacool, Hitmonlee, Sandshrew, Polywhirl, Dragonite
- Regent’s Park - Snorlax, Machop, Geodude, Mankey, Kabuto, Koffing
- ZSL London Zoo - Electabuzz, Ryhorn, Dratini, Beedrill, Doduo, Horsea
- Hampton Court Palace - Magmar, Ghastly, Horsea
- York Boat - Blastoise, Snorlax, Ponyta
- York Museum Gardens - Hypno, Dratini, Growlithe, Seaking
- Edinburgh Zoo - Lickitung
- Manchester Cathedral - Haunter
- Museum of Liverpool - Golbat, Dratini, Charmander
- Cadbury World - Magnemite, Fearow, Jigglypuff
Other great locations for finding the rarer Pokemon including Gyarados, Porygon, Fearow and more are The Shard, Piccadilly Gardens in Manchester and Tate Britain.
What is Pokemon Go?
The aim of the game is to catch creatures called Pokemon, train them and then eventually compete in battles against other players.
Open up the app and you’ll be presented with your character standing over a map, this is where the real-world and the game world are combined, meaning that if you walk down the street in real-life you’ll walk down the same street in the game world.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more