It’s lights, camera, action for the ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ contestants this Saturday (8 October), as the competition hosts its annual Movie Week.
The celebrities and their professional partners will be dancing to famous film soundtracks in an attempt to impress the judges, and their song and dance choices have been revealed ahead of the live show.
Ed Balls doing the Salsa to ‘Cuban Pete’ from ‘The Mask’ is already whetting our appetite for the episode, as is the prospect of seeing Judge Rinder dress up as Fred Flintstone, as he dances the Charleston to ‘Meet The Flintstones’.
Anastacia has also confirmed she WILL be taking part in this weekend’s show, after being unable to compete in the dance off last Sunday due to injury.
Here’s a full run down of what to expect from Strictly’s Movie Week:
- Anastacia and Brendan Cole will be dancing the Viennese Waltz to ‘A Thousand Years’ by Christina Perri (from the ‘Twilight Saga’)
- Claudia Fragapane and AJ Pritchard will be dancing the Charleston to ‘You Give a Little Love’ by Paul Williams (from ‘Bugsy Malone’)
- Daisy Lowe and Aliaž Škorjanec will be dancing the Viennese Waltz to ‘Spoonful of Sugar’ (from ‘Mary Poppins’)
- Danny Mac and Oti Mabuse will be dancing the Paso Doble to ‘The Train’ by James Horner / ‘El Sombero Blanco’ (from ‘The Mask of Zorro’)
- Ed Balls and Katya Jones will be dancing the Samba to ‘Cuban Pete’ (from ‘The Mask’)
- Greg Rutherford and Natalie Lowe will be dancing the American Smooth to ‘Everything I Do (I Do It For You)’ by Bryan Adams (from ‘Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves’)
- Judge Rinder and Oksana Platero will be dancing the Charleston to ‘Meet The Flintstones’ (from ‘The Flintstones’)
- Laura Whitmore and Giovanni Pernicewill be dancing the Salsa to ‘Rhythm of the Night’ by Valeria (from ‘Moulin Rouge’)
- Lesley Joseph and Anton DuBeke will be dancing the Quickstep to ‘A Couple of Swells’ by Judy Garland and Fred Astaire (from ‘Easter Parade’)
- Louise Redknapp and Kevin Clifton will be dancing the Cha Cha to ‘Flashdance... What A Feeling’ by Irene Cara (from ‘Flashdance’)
- Naga Munchetty and Pasha Kovalev will be dancing the Tango to ‘Theme from Mission Impossible’ by Lalo Schifrin (from ‘Mission Impossible’)
- Ore Oduba and Joanne Clifton will be dancing the American Smooth to ‘Singin’ In the Rain’ by Gene Kelly (from ‘Singin’ In The Rain’)
- Tameka Empson and Gorka Marquez will be dancing the Tango to ‘The Heat Is On’ by Glen Frey (from ‘Beverly Hills Cop’)
- Will Young and Karen Clifton will be dancing the Salsa to ‘Jai Ho (You Are My Destiny)’ by A.R. Rahman and the Pussycat Dolls (from ‘Slumdog Millionaire’)
It’s been a controversial week for ‘Strictly’, after Anastacia was on the receiving end of a backlash for staying on the BBC ballroom show over Melvin Odoom, who was voted off when she was unable to compete in the dance off.
She tore scar tissue from her double mastectomy during rehearsals, after undergoing the radical surgery in 2013, having been diagnosed with breast cancer for the second time.
The BBC has addressed complaints about the matter, throwing their support behind the US singer.
Her spokesperson also told of how she’d been given the all clear to dance this weekend, but her specialist “will be monitoring her condition regularly”.
‘Strictly Come Dancing’ airs on Saturday at 6.45pm on BBC One.
Also on HuffPost
Suggested For You
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements. Learn more