The ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ Class of 2016 are currently busy perfecting their moves ahead of Friday (23 September) and Saturday’s launch shows, and the BBC have now revealed the songs they’ll be dancing to.
The celebs were paired up with their pro partners three weeks ago, and since then, they’ve been hard at work behind the scenes, cramming in as many rehearsals as possible before their live debut.
Here’s what they’ll all be shimmying along to for week one:
- Louise Redknapp & Kevin Clifton will be dancing the Jive to ‘Jump, Jive and Wail’ by the Brian Setzer Orchestra
- Melvin Odoom & Janette Manrara will be dancing the Cha Cha to ‘Loco In Acapulco’ by the Four Tops
- Anastacia & Brendan Cole will be dancing the Cha Cha to ‘Lady Marmalade’ by Christina Aguilera, Mya, Lil’ Kim and Pink
- Greg Rutherford & Natalie Lowe will be dancing the Jive to ‘Get Ready’ by The Temptations
- Laura Whitmore & Giovanni Pernice will be dancing the Cha Cha to ‘Venus’ by Shocking Blue
- Judge Rinder & Oksana Platero will be dancing the Cha Cha to ‘Mercy’ by Duffy
- Naga Munchetty & Pasha Kovalev will be dancing the Waltz to ‘Run To You’ by Whitney Houston
- Danny Mac & Oti Mabuse will be dancing the Cha Cha to ‘Cake by the Ocean’ by DNCE
- Claudia Fragapane & AJ Pritchard will be dancing the Cha Cha to ‘What Makes You Beautiful’ by One Direction
- Ore Oduba & Joanne Clifton will be dancing the Tango to ‘Geronimo’ by Sheppard
- Daisy Lowe & Aljaz Skorjanec will be dancing the Waltz to ‘Unforgettable’ by Nat King Cole
- Ed Balls & Katya Jones will be dancing the Waltz to ‘Are You Lonesome Tonight’ by Elvis Presley
- Lesley Joseph & Anton Du Beke will be dancing the Waltz to ‘What’ll I Do’ by Alison Krauss
- Will Young & Karen Clifton will be dancing the Tango to ‘Let’s Dance’ by David Bowie
- Tameka Empson & Gorka Marquez will be dancing the Paso Doble to ‘El Gato Montes’ by Ramon Cortez and ‘Y Viva Espana’ by Sylvia.
Six of the ‘Strictly’ couples will take to the dancefloor on Friday evening, with the other nine dancing on Saturday.
While it’s still too early too tell who’s in with a good chance of taking home the Glitterball trophy in December, we have been given a sneak peek at how some of the rehearsals are going.
Also on HuffPost
Suggested For You
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements. Learn more