Insomnia is on the rise in the UK, with increasingly stressful and busy lifestyles, we’re all struggling to nod off. Most of us know that familiar routine - tired all day, but when your head hits the pillow, you’re wide awake.
These 12 tweets perfectly sum up the pain of getting no sleep.
1. It creeps up on you out of nowhere.
2. You are in denial that it is back.
3. You go 72 hours without sleep and have to just accept your hideous fate.
4. You wonder why your brain won’t just leave you alone.
5. You worry about how ridiculous your insomnia thoughts are getting.
6. Am I losing the plot?
8. Why I can’t do all this thinking during the day?
9. Then you have to go to work the next day.
10. You listen to everyone else say how tired they are when they have no clue.
11. And how they can’t wait for bedtime when you dread it.
12. Insomnia you really are the worst.