Two power gays for the price of one? There's a lot to like about identical twin brothers Dean and Dan Caten - the stylish duo that have created must-have fashion with Dsquared2.Born:
- Dean and Dan Catenacci
- 19th December 1964
- Toronto, Canada
- The Caten twins are the youngest of nine children. Their parents were originally from Naples in Italy.
- In 1983 the brothers moved to New York to study fashion at Parsons The New School for Design, but they only stayed one semester before returning to Toronto.
- In 1986 they launched their first womenswear collection, and in 1988 they were appointed as creative directors for the label Ports International.
- It was their move to Milan in 1991 that was the game-changer for the Caten brothers, firstly working for Gianni Versace and then moving on to Diesel which ultimately helped them to fund and launch Dsquared2.
- The Dsquared2 men's collection debuted in 1994 and then in 2003 they launched a women's collection and a men's underwear collection. Their product range has now extended to include footwear, fragrances, cosmetics, and eyewear.
- 2007 saw the opening of the first flagship Dsquared2 store in Milan and a number of stores have now been established worldwide.
- The brothers now live in London but continue to create their collections in Italy.
- The Baz Lurhmann movie 'The Great Gatsby' (scheduled for release in May 2013) is tipped to make a big splash, and is already setting a style direction for the world.
- Presented at Milan Fashion Week, Dsquared2's AW13 menswear collection was titled 'La Nouvelle Noir' - set in a glamorous bebop dance hall, the show evoked a jazzy, wartime feel.
- Bringing a contemporary touch to classic styles, Dsquared2's troop of all black models were like a very stylish and beautiful army, enjoying a bit of R&R on break from duty. There's vibrancy and color (love the cherry red) as well as detail and accessories, accessories, and accessories - it's time to pull out your hats, bow ties, and pocket squares.
- As a finale the models were sent down the runway for their final parade wearing only white underwear and t-shirts, an outstanding advertisement for military bootcamp if it was ever needed.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE TO & FOLLOW UK STYLE