Two power gays for the price of one? There's a lot to like about identical twin brothers Dean and Dan Caten - the stylish duo that have created must-have fashion with Dsquared2.
- Dean and Dan Catenacci
- 19th December 1964
- Toronto, Canada
- The Caten twins are the youngest of nine children. Their parents were originally from Naples in Italy.
- In 1983 the brothers moved to New York to study fashion at Parsons The New School for Design, but they only stayed one semester before returning to Toronto.
- In 1986 they launched their first womenswear collection, and in 1988 they were appointed as creative directors for the label Ports International.
- It was their move to Milan in 1991 that was the game-changer for the Caten brothers, firstly working for Gianni Versace and then moving on to Diesel which ultimately helped them to fund and launch Dsquared2.
- The Dsquared2 men's collection debuted in 1994 and then in 2003 they launched a women's collection and a men's underwear collection. Their product range has now extended to include footwear, fragrances, cosmetics, and eyewear.
- 2007 saw the opening of the first flagship Dsquared2 store in Milan and a number of stores have now been established worldwide.
- The brothers now live in London but continue to create their collections in Italy.
- The Baz Lurhmann movie 'The Great Gatsby' (scheduled for release in May 2013) is tipped to make a big splash, and is already setting a style direction for the world.
- Presented at Milan Fashion Week, Dsquared2's AW13 menswear collection was titled 'La Nouvelle Noir' - set in a glamorous bebop dance hall, the show evoked a jazzy, wartime feel.
- Bringing a contemporary touch to classic styles, Dsquared2's troop of all black models were like a very stylish and beautiful army, enjoying a bit of R&R on break from duty. There's vibrancy and color (love the cherry red) as well as detail and accessories, accessories, and accessories - it's time to pull out your hats, bow ties, and pocket squares.
- As a finale the models were sent down the runway for their final parade wearing only white underwear and t-shirts, an outstanding advertisement for military bootcamp if it was ever needed.
Suggested For You
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements. Learn more