You can't always control where you go on dates... romantic picnics, restaurants, sporty dates, skiing dates, cookery class dates... Who knows where you'll go! But the main thing is that you have fun and the first step to this is ensuring that when you meet your date, you feel confident and like you look a million dollars!I asked Dating Guru Eden Blackman http://www.wouldliketomeet.me what he thought was the secret to successful dating. He told me that
'When dating, the secret to success is looking great. If you look great, you'll feel great and, trust me, there's nothing sexier than a confident lady.'
Well said Eden! Plus, eating healthily and exercising will have numerous benefits for your whole body. Glowing skin, glossy hair, clear bright eyes and a happier frame of mind. So what are you waiting for girls... let's get fit and find love.
Here are my top 10 tips:
Legs and Thighs
This sequence works your deepest bum and thigh muscles, creating lift and firmness exactly where you want them, without adding bulk. Use a mat to reduce pressure on your joints.
1) Attitude Leg Lift. Kneel on all fours. Keep your right leg slightly bent and raise it up behind your back, straightening your leg as you lift. Return to starting position. Do 20 reps with each leg.
2) Attitude Butt Pulse. Kneel on all fours. Keep right leg slightly bent and lift toward ceiling. When as high as possible, pulse leg slightly. Do 100 pulses with each leg.
3) Inner-Thigh Lift. Sit on the mat with your right leg extended and left leg bent, left foot on the floor with toes forward. Flex right foot and turn it out, away from your body.Lift right leg so it's parallel to angle of left and point toes. Return to starting position. Do 50 reps on each leg.
3) Double-Arm Palm Out. Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, right arm bent covering forehead, left arm bent covering chin, both palms facing away from face.
Then extend arms out to sides and swing hands behind you, clapping them together. Bring arms back to starting position. Do 20 reps with right hand on top, then 20 with left hand on top.
4) Diagonal Pull-Up. Holding a 1- to 3-pound weight in each hand, both arms to the left side of your body, stand with feet shoulder-width apart.
Hold left arm in place and pull right arm across body to the right side of your hips. Then raise right arm up to a high diagonal and return to starting position. Do 20 reps on each side.
5) Legs Straight Out. Lie on your back, hands behind head, legs straight out. Point toes and crunch up. Do 20 reps or as many as you can and gradually build up to more as you get fitter. I would also recommend using a mat to support your back and make you more comfortable.
This sequence exhausts large muscles early on, so the small, underused "accessory" muscles get more of a workout. The exercises also help add definition to hips and lower abs.
6) Standing Isolation. Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, hands on hips. Pull shoulders back. Keeping your hips completely still, shift rib cage from left to right. Do 20 reps on each side or as many as you can and gradually build up to more as you get fitter.
7) Anything that gets the heart pumping around your body is key. You could try all sorts of things like, jogging, swimming, rollerblading, kickboxing, step aerobics or even power walking. You will need to do this at least 5 times a week to get optimal results.
Top tip: Whilst either walking or jogging outside would be to find a hill, as that will really push your buttock muscles.
8) Do lots of lunges and squats. These are brilliant for getting a perfectly perky bottom. When I train Pixie Lott we always work on our bums every session. One of her favourite exercises is putting both hands and knees on the floor. Shoulders over your hands and hips directly over your knees. Whilst constantly pulling your belly button in towards your spine, she lifts one leg at a right angle up side ways to about 90 degrees. She will do at least 30 reps on her right leg before transferring over to her left. You can repeat this exercise again, but to the back instead. You must always concentrate on keeping a perfect form. We will train until it burns or until failure.
9) Try to drink lots of water and avoid sugary drinks. This will flush your system and help you to lose a few pounds in water retention. You will also feel better and other areas of your body will benefit too as you will have clearer skin and glossier hair.
10) Eat more oily fish. Oily fish such as salmon, tuna and mackerel are full of Omega-3s so it's a brilliant source of nutrients for your hair, skin and nails. Harley Street Dr. Martin Knight [web link] also told me that they are brilliant for bone strength, growth and formation too. Plus, the protein will give you a stable supply of energy so you can exercise more effectively and will tire less.
Remember: It is only by combining cardio, toning, focusing on your diet and your water intake that will truly get you the results you crave.