Christmas is just around the corner, and it can be a proper stressful time of the year for many of us. However, you CAN turn things around, and not let the stress get the better of you! Below are a few tips to help guide you through this festive season blissfully.
It's so important to always make that time just for you, with no interference, no interruptions from other people, just pure and simple YOU time. It's way too easy to get caught up in drama's and other people's stuff, and then lose sight of your own well being.
Have you ever noticed that you feel great on some days, and then other days you feel like you've been dragged through a hedge backwards??!
By learning how to tune into our own needs, and to listen to our own intuition, it may truly help guide us towards a much easier, free flowing, joyful and fun-filled time, without all the unnecessary stress, especially around the Festive Season!
Here are a few quick tips on how to change things up a little when you feel down;
1. Nip It In The Bud - When you feel yourself starting to spiral in a negative way, for example you wake up in a bad mood, you've ran out of toothpaste, your late for work etc etc, stop yourself right there and then. Remember that you can change your entire day around, simply by changing what you are focusing on. Choose something to focus on which makes you smile. Just by noticing and having the awareness, it can nip it in the bud and stop it spiraling.
2. Change It Up - Happy Vibes! - As soon as you've caught yourself having 'one of those days', divert your attention immediately to something you are truly grateful for, and something which makes you happy. By interrupting the pattern of the negative 'one of those days stories', you may start to notice how your day actually starts to gradually get better, pending how much attention you are now giving towards your focusing on gratitude and happiness. Think of 10 things you are truly grateful for you in your life right, you can pick anything you like!
3. Focus - By focusing on what you DESIRE, as opposed to what you don't want, you will start to draw more of the same back to you. Whatever we give our primary attention to, creates more of the same. It's all energy. YOU, have the power to control where you place your attention. Ask yourself, whether whatever you are focusing on right now, is this serving you? If it's not, then choose something which does make you feel good.
4. Feed Your Soul - it's so important to feed your soul, always. Be extra gentle on yourself, and do something every day which lifts you up. It could be a simple walk in nature, cooking your favorite meal or perhaps a beautiful bubbly bath. Make that time for you, always. Perhaps visit some old friends or make some new ones!
5. Set Some Easy Clear Goals - By setting some easy simple goals each day, it can help us to feel empowered and on 'top' of things again. Each day, try and make a simple list of what needs doing that day, try and keep the list small, perhaps put 10 things on it, and remember to add some time for you on there too!
The main point here, is to take that extra chill out time for YOU. When you make that extra time just for you, it can help change everything around for you.
Wishing you a beautiful Festive Season and LOTS of relaxing time!Suggest a correction