I have always loved the iconic quote by legendary fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent.
'Fashion fades, style is eternal.'
Stylish women aren't those who slavishly follow fashion, and wouldn't be seen sporting the latest trends. On the contrary, they are women who knows what suits them, and opt for fashion that wills stand the test of time.
I think the same applies to stylish brides. Yes, they are women who like to know what's fashionable when it comes to the world of weddings, but they won't simply choose certain colours/materials just because they are 'on trend'. If you want to know how to have a stylish wedding, follow my 15 golden rules.
1. Don't drastically change your beauty look. If you never wear your hair up, why start on your wedding day just because you think this is 'how a bride should look?' Remember when your groom sees you walk down the aisle, he wants to be able to know it is YOU!
2. Make like The Duchess of Cambridge and Amal Alamuddin (Mrs George Clooney) and wear lace. No, lace is not old fashioned. It is anything but. It is timeless, classic and every so stylish.
3. Let your wedding be a reflection of you and your groom-to-be. The most stylish weddings aren't always the most expensive. On the contrary, they are the ones with the most attention to detail. If for example you are very creative, why get somebody else to make the favours when you can do them yourselves.
4. Keep the traditions, but modernize them. Instead of opting for a blue garter to wear underneath your dress, why not choose 'midnight blue' shoes instead. Not only will they look super stylish, but you will be able to wear them again and again after you say 'I do!'
5. Be true to yourself. Don't be bullied into wearing a certain shaped dress, choosing a certain colour palette because this is what other people think. It is your wedding day, and it will be a stylish affair because of the decisions you make.
6. Don't go for anything too ornate. As Coco Chanel once said, 'Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance.'
7. Confidence=style. For me, a stylish bride has to be confident and believe in herself.