Matching great food to wine doesn't have to break the bank - especially in January! Since being on Celebrity MasterChef, I've become a bit of foodie and have come up with a few recipes to show you the versatility of Bordeaux wines and how there are endless pairings for every occasion.
Want something delicious in a hurry? A couple of juicy sirloin steaks, shown a hot frying pan for three or four minutes either side and served with a simple salad, what could be better. Wine Expert Ewan Lacey helps me match this dish to the perfect wine.
YOU WILL NEED
2 x 225g sirloin steaks, trimmed of fat
6-8 tbsp olive oil
Coarsely ground pepper & rock salt
2-3 tbsp red wine vinegar
1-2 tsp mustard (Dijon is my preference)
Seeds of 1 pomegranate
Small bag of fl at leaf parsley, torn
Large bag of red and green salad leaves
80-100g Roquefort, crumbled
HOW TO PREPARE
1. Heat a griddle pan until hot, then oil and generously season the steak with salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
2. Remove the steak from the pan and rest for 4 minutes under foil, then slice.
3. For the dressing, whisk together the remaining olive oil, vinegar and mustard and pop a couple of pomegranate seeds in as well.
4. Mix the torn parsley and salad leaves together then toss with dressing.
5. Scatter and mix the meat and crumbled cheese in the salad and sprinkle with the remaining pomegranate seeds to taste.