South African Food Is Perfectly Peculiar And You Should Embrace The Madness

Lishai Kaufer | Posted 01.02.2017 | UK Lifestyle
Lishai Kaufer

I've recently embarked on a self-drive mission to shine a spotlight on unique world cuisines that don't seem to get the recognition they deserve. So please, ditch that doner and kick out that korma. It's time to unravel the wonderfully playful palate of South Africa.

When 'Madness' Is Confused With Genius

Lynne Parker | Posted 22.03.2014 | UK Comedy
Lynne Parker

It takes a particular kind of creative, self-obsessive, imaginative, observant and courageous person to bare their very soul on stage. It is not always funny either, the image of the sad clown and smiley face, sad face masks of comedy and tragedy are emblematic of the tortured genius that inhabits some of the world's greatest comedians.

Stone Foundation: Is This the Best Unsigned Band Around?

Jason Holmes | Posted 25.01.2014 | UK Entertainment
Jason Holmes

Think of Sly and the Family Stone, Dexys Midnight Runners and The Specials. Then think again, because the clue's in the name. Their sound is a fine blend of all that has come to pass, from the blues and early R'n'B, all the way up through to soul and ska and the new wave, so theirs is a solid musical grounding.

How Reorganising a Record Collection Lead to Mockery and Ridicule

Hannah McFaull | Posted 03.05.2013 | UK Entertainment
Hannah McFaull

According to my serious record collector boyfriend, if you polled a thousand other vinyl geeks, 98% of them would laugh at me and the other 2% would pity my worldview. And before anyone asks, his record collection is alphabetical. Bish bash bosh. No messing about.

Peter Blake Dresses Up For Madness

PA/Huffington Post UK | Posted 29.04.2013 | UK Entertainment

Artist Sir Peter Blake is to appear on a record sleeve, after years of creating striking images for artists such as The Beatles, The Who and Oasis. ...

AIM Independent Music Awards Nominees Announced

Lara Baker | Posted 26.11.2012 | UK Entertainment
Lara Baker

Since starting to work on the AIM Independent Music Awards a couple of years ago, it hasn't escaped my attention that every time a list of music award nominees is published, a large-scale debate and healthy amount of criticism and cynicism inevitably follows. I suspect this is because of the subjective nature of music; the concept of judging it is arguably flawed.

The Driving Force: Behind the Scenes at London 2012 Closing Ceremony

Gareth Richman | Posted 13.10.2012 | UK Sport
Gareth Richman

Nothing really prepares you for the moment you enter the Olympic Stadium for the first time. Being 15 feet away from an ecstatic audience jumping off the door ledge of my van and throwing my moves to Madness, Blur, Pet Shop Boys and One Direction circling on trucks behind me was immense - and yes, I did get carried away in the moment, who wouldn't!?

Sarah Dean

ISLE OF WIGHT: Festival Goes Crazy For Madness | Sarah Dean | Posted 25.06.2012 | UK Entertainment

The last time I watched Madness perform they were on top of Buckingham Palace, performing for the Queen. Saturday afternoon found them on the main ...

ISLE OF WIGHT: Suggs Blanked By And Prince William

The Huffington Post UK | Sarah Dean | Posted 25.06.2012 | UK Entertainment

Madness frontman Suggs has revealed he was blanked by Prince William and during the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Concert after-show party. Mad...

I'm Going to the Isle Of Wight to Watch Bands

Ronnie Joice | Posted 19.08.2012 | UK Comedy
Ronnie Joice

This weekend I'll be returning to the Isle of Wight to watch bands, drink some pints of Carling and regularly pray that it doesn't rain.

Why I Started the Rock n'Roll Camden Walking Tours

Alison E. Wise | Posted 18.08.2012 | Home
Alison E. Wise

We could feel that Camden was different than anything we knew in California. Southern California was hot and bright, the Santa Anna winds dried out your skin and messed up your hair. I was using SPF 50 and had my hair cut like Justine from Elastica. I didn't fit in to say the least. But when I was in Camden I felt like I finally fit in.

Vertigo Fears For Madness Frontman Ahead Of Jubilee Concert

WENN | Posted 06.06.2012 | UK Entertainment

Madness frontman Graham 'Suggs' Mcpherson feared his vertigo would be an issue during the band's historic two-song set on the roof of Buckingham Palac...

Me, Suggs and the Unnecessary Pen Incident

Trevor Neal | Posted 18.03.2012 | UK Comedy
Trevor Neal

Last week something happened to me on the train home from London. It was Friday the 13th. I wasn't attacked with a machete, by a bloke in a hockey mask called Jason, or anything. I was on the 16.42 from St. Pancras to Margate.