No, not my two front teeth. Although I distinctly remember a school dinner lady who did lunchtime playground duty (remember those? *sighs*) used to sing that to me when I was about 5 years old. But I digress.
I'm not sure WHAT I really want to be honest. The sad thing is that when I want or need something, I just normally go and buy it. For the large purchases, I may have to wait a little (or I may bang it out on a credit card depending on how desperate I am), but in general, I don't wait, EVER. It's such a sign of the times, and a quick straw poll of my girlfriends had them saying the same thing. Are we all just that spoiled rotten by ourselves?
I might not be sure what I want for Christmas, I can, however, tell you what I don't want.... This may or may not be a list of presents I have received in the past. Husband, Mother, Mother in Law, Friends. Look. Away. Now.
- Remember that jumper I pointed out in the shop. Not the one you got me that looks similar but is very inferior in both quality and style. (please pay attention)
- River Dance on VHS video. Bought because I mentioned that Michael Flatley was a good dancer. All time present fail of the highest order
- Candles that smell like toilets. Please take a sniff before you buy. Scented should mean they smell nice. No?
- ANY perfume by a celebrity or pop star. No. Please. Don't.
- Stuffed toys. I'm not a child nor a love sick teenager. WTF do I do with them? Please discuss.
Ok, so I sound like an ungrateful bitch I know. But I'm really not. Just don't buy me shite. Simples.
NB this article is not meant to offend but if you read it and are offended, then maybe you should have a look at the sort of shitty gifts you buy for your loved ones.