I'm really advocating eating breakfast at the moment. You've probably read before that it's something I've always struggled with and eating regularly in generally, I'm much more pre-set to eat one large meal at dinner time.
Nowadays though as I work to lose a load of weight that I've gained over the past year plus due to multiple surgeries, inactivity, major hormonal imbalances and medications, eating regular meals is my friend.
This is the kind of breakfast I love to start my day with, it's nourishing, flavourful and naturally sweet with a little boost from Bioglan Energy Boost Powder which really is delicious! Sometimes I just blend it into almond milk for a malty, chocolate shake.
Ingredients, per serving:
- 35g/6 tbsp oats (use gf certified if necessary)
- 250ml/1 cup water or unsweetened hazelnut milk
- 2 tbsp Bioglan Energy Boost Powder (or 1 1/2 tsp each lucuma, baobab, hemp and cacao)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Stevia (or other sweetener), to taste
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries
- Add the oats, water or milk, powder and vanilla to a small pan over a medium heat. Stir until thickened to your liking, adding more liquid as you like.
- Add sweetener to taste then transfer to a bowl and top with the apple and cranberries and an extra sprinkle of powder if you fancy it!
I love to hear from you and connect with new bloggers and readers! Why not leave a comment below or connect with me on social media?