Being 22 is sort of like being in age-limbo. You're past the year of "fake adulthood" at 21, and the world expects you to act responsibly now. But despite the snazzy business cards you now have, you still don't feel like a fully functioning adult. You have more in common with a 30-year-old than an 18-year-old now, but you're still in your prime! Below is a list of things I've learnt this year that you must know:
1. You're not in the wrong for wanting time alone. I'm not talking Tom Hanks in Castaway, but it's a chance to recharge, be productive, and appreciate your relationships even more.
2. Not everyone is going to like you. If your number one goal is to make sure everybody likes you, the you'll your ruin own uniqueness. It's only if everybody dislikes you that you might have a problem...
3. Choose your alcohol and stick to it. Vodka, rum, wine, tequila, whatever you want, drink it, but stick to the one spirit! Did you not learn anything at uni?
4. You probably don't have Attention Deficit Disorder. You just need to stop procrastinating.
5. Sleep is important. Like reaaallllllly important. If you don't care what I say, Jennifer Lopez said that sleep is her ultimate weapon. Look at the woman!
6. You already need anti aging cream. Like, 15 minutes ago.
7. Water is so important. IT CURES HUNGER! Sometimes.
8. If somebody acts like they don't care about you, you should probably believe them. Stop giving people the benefit of the doubt!
9. No matter what, never let yourself get hangry. It ruins friendships.
10. Don't believe anything about your health that you read on Google. Headache? Of course it's stage 4 cancer. Go to the doctor if you're worried, and always wear sun cream. Alternatively, if you're like me, just don't go outside.
11. Bad hair happens to good people. You've just got to brush it off (haha), straighten yourself out (hahaha), otherwise you'll just curl up and dye (too far?)
12. Eat anything you want, at whatever time of day you want. Banning yourself from eating after 7pm is just going to make life difficult. Just make sure you exercise. Or run for the bus once a week, and do a few star jumps, same thing.
13. You'll have to get used to people looking shocked when you say your age. Something that never happened when you were a young, mindless, 21-year old.
14. It's alright to want to cross the road as soon as you see too many teenagers walking your way.
15. Waiting until you get married to do the deed is a very dangerous game to play.
16. Frozen ready meals are still heavenly. Making a lasagne might be great in the long run, but it wouldn't taste much different, and you could use that valuable time to watch Netflix.
17. The way that you see the world is all that matters. But from time to time you should probably understand that you may be delusional.
18. Appreciate a good beard from a bad one. It's a really good skill to have.
19. A good towel is totally worth it. You won't be thinking about those few extra pounds when you step out of the shower. Heaven.
20. You now know what your parents meant when they said how weird it was when clothes they wore as kids came back into fashion 20 years later. Please, bootcut, there's no place for you anymore.
21. All girls are crazy. Some are just better at hiding it than others.
22. Most importantly, you don't need to have your entire life planned out already. Ten year plans ruin the present. Develop ten minute plans instead, enjoy what you're doing today, and stop worrying so much about the future!Suggest a correction