1. Reducing calories consumed is the obvious start to any weight reduction programme but did you know that many packaged so-called 'low fat' foods have had sugar added to make them still taste good? The manufacturers did this so they could label them low fat. Low fat does not necessarily mean low calorie though many are fooled into believing as much. Many of these foods contain more calories than they did before the fat was removed! Most of the marketed 'Healthy Diet Foods' are actually cleverly disguised junk foods that can actually stimulate you to gain more belly fat. A travesty inflicted upon the consumer by the diet food marketing industry since the early 1970s, and who continue to attempt to deceive and mislead the more vulnerable people in our society every day so they can maximise their profits.
2. Abdominal exercises such as crunches, sit-ups, and abdominal machines are actually the LEAST effective method of getting a flat stomach or six pack abs. Compound muscle movements are much better for developing core musculature and secondly, you could have abs like Bruce Lee but you will never see them if they are concealed under a layer of body fat. Boring repetitive, soul destroying cardio exercise routines are also NOT the best way to lose body fat and uncover those abdominals. Intense multiple muscle blasting workouts are 10 times more effective for calorie burning and metabolic boosting!
3. Body fat reduction has nothing to do with your cholesterol. No, this is FALSE! First of all, when you eat a food that contains a high amount of dietary cholesterol such as eggs, the body down-regulates its own internal production of cholesterol to balance things out. On the other hand, if you don't eat enough cholesterol, your body simply produces more in any case since cholesterol has tons of important functions in the body. There are numerous studies proving that eating whole eggs actually raises your good HDL cholesterol to a higher degree than LDL cholesterol, thereby improving your overall cholesterol ratio and blood chemistry. You must understand; high cholesterol is NOT a disease! Heart disease is a disease...but high cholesterol is NOT. Cholesterol is actually a VERY important substance in your body and has vitally important functions and it is big mistake to try to "lower your cholesterol" using very dangerous pharmaceuticals called 'statins' which have multiple negative side effects and are in popular use purely because pharmaceutical companies propaganda tries to convince everyone on the planet that they should be on these very dangerous drugs. Try the statins 'measurement test' for yourself. If your waist or hips are above the number of inches on the chart you are in the danger zone and you should be taking statins. Go look at the test online-everybody will fall into the danger zone! The utopia of the pharmaceutical companies is for every one of us to believe we need to take a drug every day for the rest of our lives.
4. You cannot solve your weight issues by wasting your hard earned money on expensive weight loss creams, pills or other bogus 'snake oil' or so called weight loss miracles. Natural foods contain incredible fat burning properties if you know how and when to use them in your cooking. Lemon, ginger, caffeine, onions, garlic, coriander - the list goes on of readily available blubber-burning ingredients all around us. The only supplement you really need is a high quality vitamin and mineral.
5. Don't believe the HYPE! Jane Fonda was the first real body beautiful fitness star and she was filming one of her later commercials for Shop America when I was living in Glendale California and working in the same studio that she was. I was selling my own fitness books and videos on Shopping TV and got to spend quite a bit of time with her and her entourage. Despite the misleading infomercials, the perfectly chiselled Ms Fonda did NOT get her perfect body by using any "ab contraption" or by using those little cute pink-vinyl Barbie doll-style dumbbells-she did it old style in a spit and sawdust gym using cast iron free weights and REAL power rack machinery, having REAL tough workouts and a REAL nutrition strategy. That's right - old school baby!
Now, unfortunately that kind of gritty REALITY does not make attractive shopping television as most housewives don't want a 100 kilo barbell and dumbbell set cluttering up the bedroom floor and so this is just one more way that weight loss and fitness myths are perpetuated and the ignorant and deluded continue to be duped to the present day! Get expert help if you're serious about shaping up. Invest in a trainer - not just any trainer. Ask to see before and after pictures of people he or she actually got in shape! Meet with some of them preferably. Don't make a choice based on who shouts loudest or pounds their chest the hardest or even big corporate gym ad campaigns featuring pictures of great fitness models who have never even set foot in the gym you're going to use-be a statistics kind of person-ask to see the proof! For more tips see the link below.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more