Yes I know I've been absent without trace for the last 10 days *blows tumble weed off blog* but I've been busy "having fun" (read "breaking up fights") with my kids. This year I vowed to make the most of the 6 week break (rather than wishing it away) and I think I've achieved that. But there are still 7 days to go and quite frankly, we've all come to the end of our fairly short fuses.
Am I allowed to admit that I was secretly pleased to read this Facebook status by a fellow blogger last week?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not into celebrating other people's misery, I was just relieved to see that I'm not alone. The reality is, that after 6 weeks in one another's company, it's time. Time for a break from one another. Do you recognise any of these signs?
1. The let's-think-of-at-least-one-nice-thing-to-say-about-each-other game is being aired far too regularly.
2. All attempts to limit screen time have gone out the window - the whatever-keeps-them-quiet option seems more preferable.
3. The 'b-word' is heard earlier and earlier each day. No, not that b-word. B-O-R-E-D.
4. Similarly, the "I am not running a cafe" line is wearing thin.
5. You've tried pretty much every brand of wine in Tesco and your liver could do with a break.
6. A staple diet of crisps, fish finger sandwiches and kit-kats is beginning to take its toll on the waistline.
7. The thought of doing some cleaning seems like a welcome break - it would be nice to see the floor again one day.
8. A countdown tick sheet entitled 'How Many Days til School' has been erected in the kitchen and it wasn't made by you.
9. Lovingly prepared pancakes for breakfast, has been replaced with "get your own and make sure you clear up after yourself!"
10. You have a dolphin, a raccoon, a turtle, a panda bear and minions with various expressions cluttering up the house - yes, they've made every loom band creation You Tube has to offer.
Who is most ready for 'back to school' in your house - you or the kids?
What would you add to this list of tell-tale signs?
Originally posted over at http://www.3childrenandit.comSuggest a correction