The South Island of New Zealand is one of the most beautiful places on earth ( or should that be Middle Earth?!). I tell people all the time! But maybe they think I'm biased? I was born in NZ after all (#halfhobbit), so I guess I'm obliged to talk it up a bit.
SO, I thought the easiest way for me to convince you, would really just be to SHOW you. Here we go.
1) Hokitika Gorge Bridge - OH hey! There I am. This place was ridiculously gorgeous, even in the rain.
2) Well, I have 100% forgotten the name of this river. I'm not actually sure I knew it in the first place. Does anyone recognise this place?
3) Wharariki beach - Definitely do NOT apply sunscreen right before arriving at this beach. I looked like a human sand castle.
4) Akaroa - A very FRENCH little town, just outside Christchurch.
5) Fox Glacier - Nothing like a helicopter ride over a glacier to remind you how beautiful New Zealand really is.
6) Hokitika Gorge - LOOK at that water. And this was on a MISTY day!
7) Lake Rotoiti - Hi again! Though it may be the standard New Zealand tourist picture, it's still ridiculously beautiful.
8) Milford Sound - Generally rainy, always beautiful.
9) Lake Matheson - Mirror Lake.
10) Fiordland National Park- Driving to Milford Sound. This looks a lot like Mordor to me. #realmiddleearth
12) Lake Rotoiti - Yeah OK so MAYBE I had a bit of a photo shoot. This is from a less popular side. There was nobody there at all....... apart from a LOT of eels.
13) Rakia Gorge - That's me there, that tiny red dot!
14) Wharariki Beach - I reckon this should be the second location for Hobbiton! So green and gorgeous.
15) Takaka Hill - Funny name, pretty place.
So what do you think? Am I just biased?
** Tara owns all the photos featured in this article, they are not to be used by anyone else for any purpose without her express permission, so make sure you contact her via her site contact form for any enquiries.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more