Today marks the start of Fairtrade Fortnight, an annual event to raise awareness of how much producers in the developing world are paid. This year, Fairtrade Fortnight is all about the The Big Swap.
All you need to do is swap some of the products you currently use, for Fairtrade products. This could be anything from your bananas and tea, to your clothing basics like t-shirts and socks.
Not sure where to start? Here are 12 easy products to get you going:
Fairtrade products (in a clockwise direction)
- Cadbury's Dairy Milk, available nationwide.
- Bananas, available from supermarkets nationwide.
- I recycle my tantrums t-shirt, Hug.co.uk, £12
- Panda print front wrap dress, Hug.co.uk, £19
- Men's Stone Bay Striped polo shirt, Tesco, £10
- Men's Stone Bay Fairtrade chinos, £7
- Life's Not Fair But...My Knickers Are, John Lewis, £20 for the set.
- Fairtrade Pocket Tunic, Topshop, £16
- Giant Storage Bag, Bishopston Trading, £13.50
- Sarah Smith 'Polka Dot' Fairtrade Apron, Sarah Smith, £19.99
- ETHLETIC Low Cut Sneakers, Fair Deal Trading, £32.50
- Fairtrade Sunflowers, Interflora, £21.99