29/09/2011 10:40 BST | Updated 29/11/2011 10:12 GMT

Conrad Murray Trial: Michael Jackson's Children Witnessed Father's Last Moments

Michael Jackson’s “shocked” son Prince witnessed frantic attempts to save his father’s life – while his sister Paris laid on the ground “balled-up” crying, the Conrad Murray trial was told.

Jackson’s head of security Faheem Muhammad described the emotional scene as a “sweating” and “nervous” Dr Murray tried desperately to save the pop star.

“Paris was on the ground, balled-up, crying. Prince was just standing there. He had a real shocked, slowly crying type of look on his face,” Muhammad said.

“I went around the bed and I saw that his eyes were open and his mouth was slightly open. I was shocked to see him. I realised that his children were standing just outside the room in the landing area, just his two oldest children Prince and Paris.

“I went and gathered them together and talked to them for a second and I got their nanny’s attention and we took them downstairs to a different location,” he added.

“Conrad Murray was administering CPR. He appeared to be very nervous. He was on his side and he was sweating. When I entered the room Dr Murray asked ‘Does anyone know CPR?’”

The second day of the trial proved to be just as compelling viewing as the first. Dr Murray, 58 is charged with involuntary manslaughter, which he denies.

Earlier the court heard how Jackson was "fully engaged and energetic" at rehearsals days before his death.

Promoter Paul Gongaware, an executive for AEG Live, the company responsible for the late pop star's final scheduled tour, also told of how Jackson had asked him to hire Dr Conrad Murray, the man accused of administering a lethal dose of sedative, which led to his death.

The jury heard that Murray had initially asked for $5 million a year but eventually accepted $150,000 a month.

Also in the dock was Jackson's personal assistant Michael Amir Williams, who described a phone call placed to him by Murray on the day of Jackson's death.

According to Williams, Murray told him to "get here right away" as Jackson was having "a bad reaction" to the drugs.

Williams said he arrived at the house to see Jackson's body being loaded into an ambulance.

Also on the stand was Kathy Jorrie, a lawyer for AEG Live. She said that Murray had requested a CPR machine just days before Jackson's death, despite being told by Murray that the pop star was "perfectly healthy" and "in excellent condition".

Jorrie also told of how Murray wanted another doctor hired to assist him.

Prosecutors allege that Dr Murray gave Jackson a lethal dose of sedatives, including the anaesthetic propofol, which caused his death in June 2009.

The defence claims that Jackson administered the lethal dose himself to help him sleep.

Murray has pleaded not guilty to the charges. If convicted he could face up to four years in prison. The trial, which is being attended by members of Jackson's family, is expected to last five weeks.