16/04/2012 09:08 BST | Updated 16/04/2012 10:10 BST

Piermario Morosini Dead: Udinese Teammates To Pay For Disabled Sister's Care For Life

Udinese have revealed that they will offer financial aid for life to the heavily disabled sister of 25-year-old Piermario Morosini, who died after suffering a heart attack on the pitch.

The midfielder, who was on-loan at Livorno, collapsed in the 31st minute of Saturday's Serie B game against Pescara.

His parent club, former teammates and its associated charity Udinese for Life will help Morosini's older sister, whom he cared for.

Udinese captain Antonio Di Natale told the club's television channel they should rally behind his sister: "We know the situation of his sister and we as a team, the club, and Udinese for Life have decided to help her because she is in real need."

"It is essential that we stay at the side of Piermario's sister for her entire life. She needs us and we want to help, both for her and for Mario."

Livorno fans pay tribute to the fallen midfielder this weekend

There have been questions raised about the medical facilities available at the time of his collapse, with an inquiry planned into the improper care he received.

Morosini's premature death is only one of a number of tragedies for his family. His mother died when he was fifteen and his father passed away when he was eighteen. Following that, his younger brother, also disabled, committed suicide.

He is also survived by his fiancee, who identified the body this weekend.

Morosini was the primary carer for his older sister, with the only other known member of the family being an elderly aunt.

The club will now try to ensure that his sister receives the best care possible in absence of her family.

Morosini became the fourth player to die of a heart-related illness in less than a decade. Marc-Vivien Foe, whilst playing for Cameroon in 2003, is the most high-profile casualty, after he collapsed during the Confederations Cup in 2003. Ex-Spain defender Antonio Puerta and former Scotland international Phil O'Donnell died just four months apart in 2007.