Olympian Oscar Pistorius has had his passports returned to him and can leave the country following an amendment to his bail conditions.
The double amputee who is charged with murdering his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, may travel to compete in international competitions, AP reported on Thursday.
Pistorius’s lawyers said he had no immediate plans to compete, but may eventually need to do so to earn money. The 26-year-old was not in court for the hearing.
Pistorius's lawyer Barry Roux said the athlete had effectively been "under house arrest" as he asked for the bail conditions to be relaxed.
Judge Bert Bam granted the appeal, saying there was no reason Pistorius should not be allowed to leave the country if he was invited to compete abroad.
But the star must provide a copy of his itinerary to officials before he plans to travel, the judge ruled.
The paralympic athlete, known as the "Blade Runner", was granted bail following a four-day hearing in Pretoria, South Africa, a week after he shot Steenkamp dead at his home on the morning of Valentine’s Day. The initial bail conditions included having to surrender his passport and repport to police twice a week.
Pistorius claims that when he fired shots through his bathroom door, he believed he was shooting at an intruder. Prosecutors say he intended to kill the model however.
He is likely to stand trial before the end of the year, the High Court in Pretoria heard on Thursday, and his next court appearance is on June 4.
Earlier this week Ms Steenkamp's parents June and Barry spoke of their grief over her death.
Mrs Steenkamp told Grazia magazine: "He (Pistorius) still has his thoughts. He still has to answer for this. I don't want anything from him. What could he say to me? My daughter is dead and nothing is going to change that. I don't ever want to see him.
"My biggest regret is that Reeva will never have a wedding day. She'll never have a child. This is forever. It's the end."
Pistorius' brother Carl yesterday appeared in court in a separate case, in which he is charged with the culpable homicide of a female motorcyclist in a 2008 road crash. He pleaded not guilty and is due to appear in court again next week.