Nintendo's Wii U had a rough time in 2013 once the launch buzz died down.
With falling sales and diminished excitement, it's time for Nintendo to give us something new to get excited about.
They took some early steps towards rebuilding momentum on Friday with a series of announcements about new games.
In a global Nintendo Direct presentation Nintendo announced:
- Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games will be coming to the Wii U, with lots of new game modes
- A new Sonic new action-adventure platforming game, 'Lost World', will come to the Wii U and 3DS as part of a new worldwide agreement with Sega over the character
- New Super Luigi U will arrive as both DLC for New Super Mario Bros U, and as a standalone packaged game
- The Wonderful 101 will hit stores on August 23
- Game & Wario: The game launches across Europe on 28th June, and includes 16 games that use the GamePad in different ways
- Pikmin 3 was detailed with new characters and a glimpse at story mode, and will be released on 26 July
Take a look at the highlights, below.