Police say they are taking no further action in relation to a tweet by Lord Sugar that led to a formal racism complaint.
The tycoon had posted a photograph of a Chinese boy looking upset, with the caption: "The kid in the middle is upset because he was told off for leaving the production line of the iPhone 5."
Nichola Szeto, a shop-owner from Liverpool, complained to the police and the tweet was treated as a "hate incident".
The kid in the middle is upset because he was told off for leaving the production line of the iPhone 5 pic.twitter.com/DYCM9GfgM5— Lord Sugar (@Lord_Sugar) September 30, 2013
But on Tuesday, the force confirmed to HuffPost UK: "It's going no further."
No offence had been committed, a spokeswoman said, and Szeto had been told the file was closed.
In a statement on Sunday, she said she had not phoned the police, but did complain online, and confirmed she had visited the police station to make a statement because "I wanted to just voice my opinion and be heard".
Her statement went on:
I am of mixed English/Chinese heritage & my partner & children are chinese. What you wrote did offend me. I am not sorry for voicing my opinion because you would have done exactly the same if you were me.