Breaking up is hard to do - now isn't that the truth? The awkward honesty, the many apologies, the angry accusations. It's all just rubbish. But as we all know, there's a right way and a wrong way to do it.
Money saving website FreeDeliveryLand.co.uk did a survey and found the five following methods of ending a relationship are the most hurtful. Here's why you should NEVER use them...
1. Via social media. Don't be that person who changes their relationship status to "single" as a way of letting someone know you're not that into them anymore. Not cool. Equally, sending a tweet is 100% a dick move. Why? a) Digital dumpings are for cowards, b) it leaves the person in question unnecessarily humiliated and c) seriously bad karma.
2. By email or text. Show some compassion - discarding someone in the same way you'd tell them you're running five minutes late is beyond callous. If they're so awful you can't bear a face-to-face, at least call instead.
3. By completely ignoring them. Mean, but also can be incredibly ineffective - some people do not take a hint.
4. Via a friend. Listen up: YOU ARE NOT IN HIGH SCHOOL! And that's why.
5. Exchanging him for one of his friends. This never works out in the long run because chances are you're not that interested in his pal either. Also, have you ever seen a guy with all his friends? They become terrifyingly similar in terms of annoying habits, meaning this way of dumping someone is definitely not a solution.