14/08/2014 16:55 BST | Updated 22/05/2015 10:12 BST

Mum's Terror As Screaming Woman Breaks Into Family Home

Mum's terror as screaming woman breaks into family home

A shocked young mum has told how a 'screaming woman' burst into her home and tried to strangle her nine-year-old daughter with a TV cable.

The Hull Daily Mail reports that the family were subjected to '40 minutes of terror' during the attack.

Samantha Adams was home alone with her three children, Ellie-Mae, nine, Connor, four, and one-year-old Tallulah when the woman broke into their home.

The shrieking woman is said to have attacked two homes on the Longhill estate in Hull late on Friday night.

Ms Adams, 26, told her local paper that she feared for her daughter's life during the woman's rampage.

"I keep thinking about what would have happened if she had managed to get the wire round our daughter's neck – she could have killed her," she said.

"She burst in, screaming her head off and locked the door behind her. I was in the lounge and she ran in, trying to grab my phone. Then she went in the kitchen and grabbed a butter knife – she was shoving it down her throat trying to make herself sick. She went through periods of calm and then started kicking off again."

Ms Adams was home alone as her partner Ryan Cousins had popped out ten minutes previously and hadn't locked the door behind him.

The shaken mum said she had been unable to stop the woman coming in and running upstairs towards her children's bedrooms.

She sayss the disturbed female had been shouting: 'If they don't give me my son back, I'm going to take yours and kill him'.

"I had just got through to the police and was explaining what happened when she ran upstairs. I put the phone down and went after her – she'd gone into my daughter's bedroom," Samantha told reporters.

"She pulled the TV wire clean out – the prongs are still in the socket – and had tried to wrap it round Ellie-Mae's neck. I managed to grab it before she had a chance, but she hit me over the head with the plug."

Samantha managed to round up her three children and barricade them all in the master bedroom as the woman tried to smash her way in.

As she attempted to phone the police again, the woman she got her arm through the door and smashed her mobile phone.

"She was so strong, she crumpled the front of it with her hand. I knew then that I needed the house phone downstairs, so I needed to calm her down," she explained.

In a bizarre series of events, Samantha claims the woman boiled a kettle and brought it upstairs and used a laptop to access her Facebook account.

"She would be screaming and yelling one minute and then the next it would be quiet and I could hear her doing things in the kitchen. I worried she was looking for a big knife. At one point she boiled the kettle and brought it upstairs but I managed to get it off her and throw it at her instead," she said.

Samantha managed to get her house phone and call 999 again 20 minutes into the attack. She was told it would take the police another 20 minutes to arrive.

"I'm covered in bruises where she was grabbing me and attacking me through the door. But at one point I did manage to bite her and I also pushed her down the stairs. But when I bit her, she didn't even flinch, it was like she didn't feel it. She picked up a table and was smashing it against the door," she said

When officers arrived, the woman is reported to have 'calmly answered the door' and claimed that Samantha was trying to hurt the children.

"As soon as they saw me, they knew it wasn't me. So they went downstairs, but she'd taken all her clothes off and gone out into the street naked. They managed to get her back inside in the living room and pin her down to arrest her," Samantha said.

Her shocked partner Ryan returned home just as the police were arresting the woman.

"I came home to a war zone – the house was a complete mess. I could have come back to four dead bodies, it could have all gone very differently," the 31-year-old dad said. "I'm furious about what has happened – people need to know. The kids are so frightened now and get scared when they go to bed."

Police told the Hull Mail that a 22-year-old woman had been arrested in relation to the incident.