The university packing list is pretty much the same for any student in the world. When we spotted the list our friends across the pond had made, we thought they'd nailed it in the head.
That's why we thought we'd share it with you lovely people. So when you're revelling in your minimalist furniture while your flatmates drown in bric a brac, you can offer up a prayer of thanks to HuffPost Style.
When you're headed off to college, your parents will try and convince you that you need things like a Brita filter, a laptop lock and flat sheet. And you know what we say to that? LOLS. What you really need is a lot of underwear (laundry? Who does that? Just buy them cheap from Tesco) and a Netflix account for all-day binge watching.
To help save you some time, money and energy, we've rounded up 13 items that you most certainly don't need in your dorm room. Leave these puppies at home, it will leave more room for your funnel.
1. A mousepad. Because let's be honest, you're going to end up doing this...
2. A wine opener. Hahaha, you can't afford wine in a bottle.
3. Your good jeans. You'll just spill on them.
4. A desk chair. You probably won't even unpack it.
5. Stilettos. Because you're going to spend your days like this...
6. A flat iron. Because you're going to spend your days like this...
7. A little black dress. Because you're going to spend your days like this...
8. Healthy snacks. You won't even open them.
9. A laptop case. The DIY version is so much better anyway.
10. A steamer. The steam from the shower works just fine.
11. A toaster oven. Just be resourceful and save some valuable space.
12. Any type of holiday decorations. Ain't nobody got time for that.
13. Laundry detergent. Meet your new detergent.