The songs that this year’s ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ contestants will be performing as they make their dance floor debut have been unveiled.
The 14 celebrities lacing up their dancing shoes for Friday night’s first live show will be performing ballroom dances to tracks from acts as varied as Britney Spears, Pharrell Williams, Paul McCartney and Westlife, it has been revealed.
Kicking off the show in style will be former ‘Big Brother’ housemate Alison Hammond, performing what will do doubt be a camp-tastic show-stopper of a cha cha to Chaka Khan’s ‘I’m Every Woman’.
We’re also looking forward to seeing ‘EastEnders’ actor Jake Wood perform a tango to Britney’s ‘Toxic’ (incidentally the very last thing we ever expected to see Max Branning do…), while former ‘TOWIE’ hunk Mark Wright will be performing the cha cha to the Wham! hit ‘I’m Your Man’.
In what will surely be one of the night’s more downbeat moments, Frankie Bridge will be performing a waltz to Adele’s chart-topper ‘Someone Like You’, while former rugby star Thom Evans will do the same to the Josh Groban ballad ‘You Raise Me Up’.
Similarly, Judy Murray will also be performing a waltz but, with a nod to her Scottish heritage thanks to her musical accompaniment, Wings’ ‘Mull of Kintyre’.
Judy has been named the bookies’ favourite to be the first contestant eliminated from the series, which a spokesperson for William Hill suggested could be down to her son Andy Murray’s controversial comments around the time of the Scottish referendum.
Check out the full list of what songs the dancers will be performing below…
- Alison Hammond and Aljaz Skorjanec – I’m Every Woman by Chaka Khan (cha cha)
- Caroline Flack and Pasha Kovalev – Can You Feel It? by The Jacksons (cha cha)
- Frankie Bridge and Kevin Clifton – Someone Like You by Adele (waltz)
- Gregg Wallace and Aliona Vilani – Hot N Cold’ by Katy Perry (cha cha)
- Jake Wood and Janette Manrara – Toxic by Britney Spears (tango)
- Jennifer Gibney and Tristan McManus – Happy by Pharrell Williams (jive)
- Judy Murray and Anton du Beke – Mull Of Kintyre by Wings (waltz)
- Mark Wright and Karen Hauer – I’m Your Man by Wham! (cha cha)
- Pixie Lott and Trent Whiddon – Shake It Off by Taylor Swift (jive)
- Scott Mills and Joanne Clifton – Rock DJ by Robbie Williams (cha cha)
- Simon Webbe and Kristina Rihanoff – Good Golly Miss Molly by Little Richard (jive)
- Steve Backshall and Ola Jordan – Born To Be Wild by Steppenwolf (tango)
- Sunetra Sarker and Brendan Cole – Bad Case Of Loving You (Doctor Doctor) by Robert Palmer (tango)
- Thom Evans and Iveta Lukosiute – You Raise Me Up by Westlife (waltz)
- Tim Wonnacott and Natalie Lowe – Shop Around’ by Captain & Tennille (cha cha)
Tune into ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ on Friday, 26 September at 9pm on BBC One to find out how the celebrities get on.