This recipe for roast lamb with garlic, lemon and rosemary is easy and utterly delish. It's perfect for a gathering of friends or family. To ensure an extra taste sensation, it includes a simple stuffing made from Flora Buttery, breadcrumbs, onion, and celery, flavoured with lemon and rosemary.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
1 hour 45 minutes
55 g Flora Buttery
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 celery stick, finely chopped
85g fresh white breadcrumbs
Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
Ground black pepper
2tsp fresh rosemary, chopped, plus extra sprigs to garnish
1.8kg (4lb) leg of lamb, trimmed of excess fat
2 bulbs garlic, halves crossways
1. To make the stuffing melt 25g Flora in a pan, add the onion and celery and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft. Stir in the breadcrumbs, lemon rind, lemon juice, seasoning and chopped rosemary.
2. With a sharp knife, make several deep slashes and press in the stuffing. Weigh the joint.
3. Melt the remaining Flora and brush over the lamb.
4. Cook in a preheated oven at 190°C/170°C fan/gas mark 5 for about 20 minutes per 450g (1lb) plus 20 minutes extra. Baste the lamb several times during cooking and add the garlic for the final 30 minutes cooking.
5. Leave the cooked lamb to rest (covered) for about 15 minutes before carving (remember to trim off all visible fat). Serve garnished with rosemary sprigs.
Recipe courtesy of Flora.
More on Parentdish
Roast lamb with mint pesto recipe
Easy lamb tagine recipe
Roast butternut squash ravioli recipe