Owen Jones and Kirstie Allsop squawked and bleated on the set of "Newsnight" on Wednesday, debating whether suspended Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson was part of “the establishment” (Jones) or if he was part of… well, Allsop didn’t really have a point a view.
Guardian columnist Jones quickly allied the errant Clarkson to the bankers, David Cameron and large corporations that don’t pay taxes.
Allsop pointed out that Clarkson made a lot of money for the BBC.
Adjudicating was Evan Davis, whose idea for a debate on whether Clarkson represented a clash of cultures probably sounded interesting in Wednesday morning’s editorial meeting.
Here it is…
Earlier on Wednesday, David Cameron dirtied his hands in the row, saying he hoped the Clarkson situation would quickly be resolved for the sake of his children.
- Katie Hopkins Defends ‘Top Bloke' Jeremy Clarkson
- Clarkson's Most Controversial Moments
- Clarkson Petition Gains 400,000 Signatures, Here Are Some Better Ones
- Piers Morgan Puts Himself Forward As Replacement
- Was 'Bad Catering' The Cause Of His 'Fracas With Producer'?
- Bring Back Clarkson' Petition Gains Over 260,000 Signatories