WikiLeaks has republished the entire collection of stolen files belonging to Sony Pictures including emails, documents and more.
WikiLeaks editor-in-chief Julian Assange said that the information "belongs in the public domain" and that, 'WikiLeaks will ensure it stays there.'
While the information had already been leaked online, WikiLeaks has organised all the data into a fully searchable database allowing people to find specific items using a Google-style search engine.
Sony has since responded with a statement which says: “We vehemently disagree with WikiLeaks’ assertion that this material belongs in the public domain and will continue to fight for the safety, security, and privacy of our company and its more than 6,000 employees.”
Calling Sony a "large, secretive multinational corporation", WikiLeaks went on to justify its actions saying that Sony Pictures is an "influential corporation, with ties to the White House (there are almost 100 US government email addresses in the archive), with an ability to impact laws and policies, and with connections to the US military-industrial complex."
The initial attack which started in November 24 led to the entire database of Sony Pictures being uploaded onto the internet. This included five films, hundreds of thousands of emails as well as personal information relating to actors including passports and legal documents.
Following a period of investigation in partnership with the FBI and NSA it later transpired that the attack may have originated from North Korea as a response to the film 'The Interview' which caused controversy over its depiction of North Korea's leader Kim Jong-un.