Peter Endean, standing in Plymouth, forwarded a meme from a separate incident describing rescued migrants as "Labour's new floating voters".
Labour's new floating voters.. pic.twitter.com/viPUpOtT7c— Allah Hu'Shaitan (@AllahSpeaks) April 20, 2015
It comes just days after hundreds of migrants drowned in one of the Mediterranean's worst ever maritime disasters.
Only 27 people have been rescued after a boat capsized attempting the perilous journey to seek asylum in Europe after fleeing North Africa.
An even bigger furore still surrounds comments made by Katie Hopkins, who wrote an article shortly before the disaster describing migrants as "cockroaches".
A Ukip spokesperson said: "It was an error of judgement for which he has apologised unreservedly."
- Katie Hopkins: The Police Have Better Things to Do Than Patrol Twitter
- Katie Hopkins Accused Of Making Vile Holocaust 'Joke' About Ed Miliband And His Wife Justine
- Katie Hopkins Reported To Police Over 'Race Hate' Tweets To Labour MP Simon Danczuk
- Katie Hopkins Ed Miliband Tweet Just Made A Solid Case To Vote Labour
- Katie Hopkins Depression Comments Call Some Suicidal People 'Attention Seeking Bastards'