Summer beauty - it's a lot like regular beauty, but with the added struggle of stopping it sliding all down your face. When there's nowhere to hide under the flattering filter of winter clouds (seriously why is everything so bright?!), things need a switch up in the makeup bag department.
Luckily, we've enlisted some help.
Makeup artists Pixiwoo, aka Sam and Nic Chapman, know their stuff (nearly two million YouTube subscribers can't be wrong) so we grilled the dynamic duo on their top five tips for summer:
1. What are three summer beauty looks that you'd suggest for 2015?
- Skin as always is a huge story for 2015. Layer sheer washes of product to create a natural radiant base. Use creamy pearl highlights to the high points of the face to catch the light.
- A graphic liner can add something a little different to your makeup wardrobe. Bronze, olives and gold liner make for a nice alternative to the classic black.
- Forget the harsh contour trend of last year and dab on a pop of colour to the apples of the cheeks. Cream blush will give you the most natural, fresh result.
2. What key lip colours are hot for summer this year?
It’s all or nothing for this summer. We have seen tons of barely there nudes which softly moisturize and enhance the natural lip colour or go full on vamp in a deep plum or rich, vibrant fuchsia.
3. Any favourite, easy looks if you're attending a wedding?
For any easy look buff on a tinted moisturiser, dab on a cream blush to the apples of the cheeks, curl the lashes and apply a few coats of mascara. Cream stick eye shadows are super easy to slick over the lid and if you’re lacking in the lash department then grab some individual short lashes and place in between your natural lashes to fill and give volume.
4. The 70s trend is huge at the moment - would you suggest going heavy on the eyes or lips?
Go for a bold eye. Use a cream base as a block colour all over the lid and softly buff over a powder shadow in a colour of your choice. We love soft plums or shimmering taupe’s blown out and blended low beneath the eye. Don’t forget the brows though even if it’s just a slick of clear brow gel to set them in place and frame the eye.
5. Three products that are in your handbag that you can't do without?
- Real Techniques retractable Kabuki brush- Great for powder, blusher, bronzer and general clean up’s on the go.
- MAC Hush Cream colour base- Use as an eye shadow base, a highlighter, an eye shadow or mix in with your body lotion to give skin a radiance.
- Maybelline Brow Drama-Lightweight gel to separate brows but give them a natural definition.