- 'Top Gear' Boss Talks Emotional Final Scenes
- Chris Evans' Latest Gag Hasn't Impressed 'Top Gear' Fans
- Chris Evans Reckons 'Top Gear' Offer Was All In Clarkson's Head
The former ‘X Factor’ host has seemingly ruled himself out of joining the BBC Two motoring show, as he would want the role of lead presenter, which was offered to Chris in a multi-million pound deal last week.
Speaking on ‘Good Morning Britain’ on Tuesday (23 June), Dermot said: "I love my cars but I think Chris would probably... He's such a main man and he's a big deal for me - he's one of the reasons why I got into television in the first place - but I would imagine he'd want his own team on it."
As host Kate Garraway claimed that he could be “part of that team", he replied: "I doubt it."
He continued: "The thing is, I think if I was going to do it I'd want to do what Chris is doing - he's in charge of it."
Since leaving ‘The X Factor’ after eight series earlier this year, Dermot has also been linked to a role on rival show ‘Strictly Come Dancing’.
However, he also ruled himself out of competing on the ballroom competition, saying: "The thing is, I'm a TV host, and what I love doing is interviewing people and live television, and those are the two things I think I'm okay at," he explained.
"I don't want to be a contestant on ‘Strictly’ and they've got two really good presenters on ‘Strictly’ so I can't see [it happening]."
Speaking about quitting ‘The X Factor’, Dermot added: "I did eight years and it was a wonderful and fantastic eight years and I won't have a bad word said about it, but it felt like the right time this year."