Caroline Wozniacki sparked a sexism row at Wimbledon after complaining that women get less chances to feature on show courts.
The 24-year-old hit out at tournament bosses following her 6-4, 6-4 loss to Spain's Garbine Muguruza in the fourth round.
She said she would "love" to play on a big court but women were not given that opportunity often enough.
"You only get one women's match on Court One and Centre Court," the Dane said.
"Most of last week it was only one women's match on Court Two as well.
'It's definitely different, that's all I can say.
"I think a lot of us women feel like we deserve to play on the big courts in front of a big crowd, as well."
A spokesman for the All England Club declined to comment.
Reporters were told during Wozniacki's press conference to "stick to tennis questions" after she was asked about an ankle injury suffered by her golf champion ex-fiance Rory McIlroy.
Meanwhile, Britain's hopes of Wimbledon glory are still alive after Andy Murray made it into the quarter-finals.
The 28-year-old needed three hours and three minutes to beat 6ft 10in Ivo Karlovic, the tallest player on the men's tour.
He will now face Vasek Pospisil in the next round.
Murray's wife Kim, comedian Michael McIntyre and a clutch of top golfers including Lee Westwood and Ian Poulter were at Centre Court to support him.
Pippa Middleton was spotted at SW19 wearing a floral print dress and wedges, a day after her niece Princess Charlotte was christened.
Celebrities also graced Serena Williams's toe-to-toe battle with older sister Venus.
All Of Me singer John Legend, 36, posed for a courtside Instagram picture with his model girlfriend Chrissy Teigen.
Teigen, 29, showed off her legs in a knitted number in cream, red and black with heels.
Canadian rapper Drake was also back among Serena's entourage after he was spotted at the All England Club last week.
After progressing to the quarter-finals, Serena said: "It was such a great vibe, such a great situation to be in, when we were both so young and dreaming of coming to Wimbledon."
Earlier in the day temperamental Nick Kyrgios crashed out of the tournament after appearing to throw an entire game in protest at receiving yet another warning for his antics.
It came after he was slapped with a code violation for swearing during his last-16 match against France's Richard Gasquet.
The 20-year-old Australian spent the next game refusing to play the ball, with BBC presenter Sue Barker commenting: "I have never seen anything like it at Wimbledon."
Wimbledon great Roger Federer progressed to the next round as he tries to take his tally of titles at SW19 to a record eight.
Defending champion Novak Djokovic fought back from two sets down against South Africa's Kevin Anderson.
Their match will be resumed tomorrow after play was suspended due to poor light.
The BBC announced today that it was changing the format of its revamped Wimbledon 2Day highlights show after it was panned by critics and viewers.
From this evening the BBC2 programme, hosted by Clare Balding, is moving to a studio above Centre Court and its live audience will be axed.
The All England Club confirmed that it would observe the minute's silence to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the London 7/7 bombings tomorrow at 11.30am.
A spokesman said: "Play on all courts, except Centre Court and No 1 Court, will start at 11.45am instead of 11am."
Centre Court and Court 1 usually start play at 1pm.
It comes after a minute's silence was held at midday on Friday in memory of the victims of the Tunisia beach massacre.