NEWS
23/07/2015 06:28 BST | Updated 23/07/2016 06:12 BST

Bosley Wood Flour Mill Blast Victims' Families To Visit Site

The families of those feared dead after an explosion at a wood flour mill are to visit the site to help in the search and pay their respects.

Relatives of William Barks, 51, Dorothy Bailey, 62, Jason Shingler, 38, and Derek Moore, 62, will travel to the site of Wood Treatment Limited in the village of Bosley, Cheshire in what will be a "difficult" visit, a local police chief said.

The remains of two people have so far been traced following an explosion and inferno last Friday which ripped apart the four-storey building.

Neither have been formally identified but post-mortem results have indicated the first body found may be that of father-of-one Mr Barks, police said yesterday.

In a statement issued yesterday his family described him as a "loving family man who lives a simple and happy life."

Assistant Chief Constable Guy Hindle, from Cheshire Police, told the BBC: "For their own reasons (the families) would like to see the level of activity ... to search for the missing people, and also to pay their respects and understand the nature of the scene.

"That'll be a difficult time for them all."

An investigation is continuing into the cause of the incident.