Fans of ‘Strictly’ will recall that last year’s line-up was announced on a one-contestant-per-day basis, through a variety of different inventive ways, such as with an announcement on ‘This Morning’, through a Vine post or on Radio 1.
This year is clearly no exception, with Ainsley revealing the news that he was taking part in ‘Strictly’ on Tuesday night’s ‘The One Show’.
The celebrity chef, and former ‘Ready Steady Cook’ presenter, excitedly said: “I must admit that I do love to dance, but doing it in front of the nation is a whole different matter!
"In my day job the only type of salsa I know about is the one in my recipes so I am looking forward to rising to the challenge, bring it on!"
He added that the ‘Strictly’ experience should be a challenge, given that his dancing ability is mostly limited to "dancing around the kitchen with Suzy Salt and Percy Pepper".
Yes, he literally said those words. Incredible.
Ainsley’s news comes following the announcement on Monday morning that Jeremy Vine was the first famous face confirmed to be stepping onto the ‘Strictly’ dance floor later this year, in an interview on Radio 2.
In a blog on HuffPost UK, Jeremy wrote: “I love songs and I love symphonies. I admire anyone who can hold a note. The last note I held was a shopping list. But that's my problem. Lots of enthusiasm. No expertise.
“But I truly, madly, deeply want to learn to dance.”
Here are a handful of the other celebrities rumoured to be taking part in ‘Strictly’ this year: