A video showing a "UFO" rising from the sea and splitting in two allegedly belongs to the US Department Of Homeland Security (DHS).
A group known as the Scientific Coalition for Ufology (SCU), say the footage was captured by a DHS aircraft.
In a report published online, the researchers claim they received an original copy of a thermal video from an "official source" who wished to remain anonymous.
The "UFO" they refer to appears as a tiny dot zooming past the screen and although there could be several explanations for what the object might be, SCU are stubborn about their conclusion.
- Secret UFO Files Released As German Government Lose The Right To Keep Research Private
- Worldwide UFO Cover-Up Is Real Claims Former Canadian Defence Minister
- UFO? Smoke Ring? Apocalypse? Mysterious Black Ring Appears In Skies Above Kazakhstan
- Virgin Atlantic Flight Overtakes UFO After Taking Off From JFK Airport
- Mars 'Pyramid' Is Proof Of Alien Life Claim UFO Hunters
They believe that "no bird, balloon aircraft" or "known drones" have the ability to travel under water at 90 mph or through the air at 120 mph.
Nick Pope, who previously ran the British Government's UFO project told The Express that he was "intrigued" by the footage.
"Assuming the video isn't a clever hoax - which is always a possibility these days - it's a fascinating piece of footage.
"About the only conventional explanation that might fit the bill is that this is some new drone, but the entry and exit from the sea and the apparent splitting in two of the object makes even this explanation seem unlikely.
"This is exactly the sort of video that I and intelligence specialists at the MoD got most excited about, as the available data allows for a proper, scientific analysis.
"I'll be watching developments on this one with interest."