The residents of Bangkok were greeted with an incredible light show just moments ago when what appears to have been a massive meteorite burned up over the city.
Temporarily turning night into day, the meteorite appears to have burned with a fiercely bright green glow as it broke up over the city.
The American Meteor Society explains that multi-coloured meteors are actually quite common. The colour simply helps explain the composition of the meteor itself.
A bright green light suggests that the meteor was mostly composed of nickel, while a sodium would produce a bright yellow flame.
- Stunning Meteor Seen Over Loch Ness
- Massive Diamond-Filled Meteor Crater Worth 'Trillions' Of Pounds Found In Russia
- Meteor Strike Over Texas Creates Green Ball Of Fire, Ground Shakes
- A Meteor Exploded Over Ireland With The Force Of An 'Atomic Bomb'
- Meteor Explodes Over Devon: Video And Pictures Of The 'Biggest UK Strike Ever'