- Olly Murs Makes Unfortunate 'X Factor' Blunder
- Is Dermot O'Leary About To Betray 'X Factor' In The Ultimate Way?
- 'X Factor' Live Show Drama As Contestant Collapses
The singing hopeful, who lost out to Anton Stephens in the sing-off and viewer’s vote, was slammed by viewers as she thanked her fellow contestants.
"Class of 2015 X Factor!" she shouted on stage before adding: "BANG BANG BANG!"
Upset viewers were quick to take to Twitter to slam the singer, labeling her choice of words ‘disgusting’ following the terrorist attacks in Paris on Friday evening.
"Bang, bang, bang with a gun hand sign! Monica Michael is a disrespectful little chav!" wrote one.
Another added: "Glad Monica went. How disgusting and disrespectful of her to go 'bang bang bang' silly silly girl!!"
"Monica was made to change her song out of respect for Paris, yet shouts bang, bang, bang and uses gun gestures as she leaves #XFactor #idiot," another viewer tweeted.
Following the show, the 26-year-old took to Twitter to apologise for her words and actions.
"I want to apologise for any offence caused on the X Factor tonight,” she said. “I wasn't thinking beyond the moment & it was insensitive, sorry."
I want to apologise for any offence caused on the @TheXFactor tonight. I wasn't thinking beyond the moment & it was insensitive, sorry.— Monica Michael (@monicamichaeluk) November 15, 2015
Monica’s apology comes after the wannabe singer was forced to change her song choice on Saturday night’s ‘X Factor’.
She was originally going to sing Nancy Sinatra's ‘Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)’ but in light of the circumstances in Paris she swapped her song at the eleventh hour.
Simon Cowell also paid his respects, telling viewers at the start of the show: "In light of what happened last night we would like to send our thoughts and our prayers to anyone who was affected in Paris last night. And most importantly, stay safe."
MORE 'X FACTOR':
- The 20 Best 'X Factor' Auditions Ever
- The 30 Worst 'X Factor' Auditions Ever
- 20 Of The X Factor's Most Hilarious Moments
- The Definitive Ranking Of X Factor's Greatest Ever Performances
- Which ‘X Factor' Judge Are You?
- What Happened To The Contestants Of 'X Factor' Past?
- How Many Past 'X Factor' Finalists Do You Recognise Now?