- Full 'X Factor' Voting Stats Revealed
- 'X Factor' Gets Lowest Finale Ratings Ever
- Adele's 'X Factor' Performance Was Everything We Wanted And More
The pair were branded as “bumbling” and “floundering” by some news outlets after a VT recapping the contestants performances failed to play properly during the first part of this weekend’s live final.
Caroline Flack and Olly Murs
Caroline could be heard asking for direction after the audio on the tapes failed, and producers cut back to her and Olly, where she quickly apologised for the technical mishap.
“We just have to apologise really quick for that, we went to the wrong VT,” she explained. “But here we go, let's look at the evening so far.”
“We’ve had some amazing performances but the duets aren’t done yet,” she said in reference to the VT being edited.
Quoting The Sun’s story, she tweeted: "Not our fault. Technical issue. Get your facts right."
She later added: "It's the fun bits of live TV . It was a great show and we loved it."
Many news sources have been critical of Caroline and Olly, ever since the ‘Heart Skips A Beat’ made an awkward error earlier on in the series.
The co-host of the ITV talent show made a gaffe when he announced Monica Michael would be leaving the competition, instead of taking the judges’ vote to Deadlock.
Despite the criticism they have endured since taking over from Dermot O’Leary earlier this year, Caroline admitted she is hoping to return to the show in 2016.
“Oh absolutely! I mean, we don’t know yet,” she said on ITV’s ‘Lorraine’. “Do you know what? I just want to finish on a high. That’s what we want to do. We’ve got this weekend to really finish on that high note and finish going, ‘we did the best job we could’ and that’s the aim at the minute.”
MORE 'X FACTOR':
- The 20 Best 'X Factor' Auditions Ever
- The 30 Worst 'X Factor' Auditions Ever
- 20 Of The X Factor's Most Hilarious Moments
- The Definitive Ranking Of X Factor's Greatest Ever Performances
- Which ‘X Factor' Judge Are You?
- What Happened To The Contestants Of 'X Factor' Past?
- How Many Past 'X Factor' Finalists Do You Recognise Now?