The mother of Baby P is still a danger to the public and should not be freed from jail in the new year, Parole Board chiefs have ruled.
Tracey Connelly was jailed in 2009 and let out on licence in 2013, but she was sent to prison in Cheshire for breaching her parole conditions this year.
At a meeting earlier this month, a three-member panel of the Parole Board decided against directing her release.
Metropolitan Police photo of Tracey Connelly, mother of abused toddler Baby Peter
A spokesman told The Press Association: "Under current legislation, Ms Connelly will be eligible for a further review within two years. The date of the next review will be set by the Ministry of Justice."
The spokesman added: "The Parole Board is unable to comment on the specifics of any case due to the Data Protection Act."
The 33-year-old was detained a second time for attempting to sell naked pictures to male fans.
At the time, a source told The Sun: "Authorities believe she was uploading images of herself and trying to flog them — possibly to sick perverts getting a kick out of her notoriety.
"It doesn’t get any more depraved than this. She clearly wasn’t ready to be released into the community."
Peter Connelly died in north London on August 3 2007 at the hands of his mother, her lover Steven Barker and their lodger Jason Owen.
He suffered more than 50 injuries despite being on the at-risk register and receiving 60 visits from social workers, police and health professionals over the final eight months of his life.
A series of reviews identified missed opportunities when officials could have saved the toddler's life if they had acted properly on the warning signs.