Amber Amour, Who Live-Blogged Her Rape Ordeal, Claims Instagram 'Removed' Caption To Her Post

Amber Amour, the woman who live-blogged her alleged rape ordeal on Instagram, has claimed the social media site "removed" the caption on her original post.

The 27-year-old activist, who was in South Africa to promote her "Stop Rape, Educate" campaign, posted a photo of herself with tears running down her face moments after she claims she was raped in a shower.

In the post, which has since gone viral and been picked up by media across the world, Amour claimed she was raped in a hostel by a man who she'd met the same evening.

Now, she says her Instagram caption has been "removed" and is calling on the social media site for an explanation.

"Excuse me, Instagram, WHERE DID THE CAPTION GO?!? The caption on my selfie right after the rape disappeared and I got this message from IG when I signed in this morning. What the actual hell is going on?? Since when is it against community guidelines to stand up for yourself."

She added: "You will not silence me. You deleted the caption documenting the rape from my page but guess what, that shit has gone viral! It's all over the Internet so whoever was behind the deleting of that honestly did nothing.

"Survivors of rape are called liars and frauds every day! I find it absolutely appalling that the caption was deleted. I will not be silenced. I will keep speaking my truth."

She later reposted her caption, but claims Instagram deleted it a second time. She says that "silencing" survivors of sexual assault "openly supports rapists and rape culture".

She wrote: "This is evidence of a crime and Instagram obviously and openly supports rapists and rape culture by silencing survivors of sexual assault who speak up on social media. There are dozens of rape fetish pages, child porn pages, and pages that depict the enslavement of women but lo & behold a woman speaks up against these things and they silence her."

The photo in question was posted more than a month ago, moments after the alleged rape took place more than a month ago.

Amour's account of the incident is as follows:

She said she went to the hostel, where she had been staying. A man she knew was there and she says he was "desperately trying to get with" her.

She says she kissed him once, but then told him it was "bad timing" as she had "already met someone".

She went upstairs and the man followed, telling her that he was about to take a shower. When he invited her to join him, she said yes because she was unwell and the water at her then-hostel was cold.

Amour then shares a graphic description of the rape and how she eventually passed out. She claims the man who raped her was arrested and has been released on bail.