- David Bowie Has Died, Aged 69
- Stars Pay Tribute To The Late David Bowie
- 69 Beautiful And Rare Pictures Of The Late, Great David Bowie
- 10 Moments That Sealed Forever David Bowie's Iconic Status
- This Stunning Bowie GIF Has Really Resonated With Fans
- This Website Shows You What Bowie Was Doing At Your Age
- David Bowie's 10 Biggest Reinventions
- 19 Times David Bowie Looked Cooler Than You
- Bowie's Final Music Video Feels So Much More Poignant Now
The legendary rocker passed away after losing a battle with cancer, at the age of 69, his publicist confirmed.
David Bowie has died at the age of 69
Many of his music contemporaries, celebrity friends and his army of fans expressed their shock and sadness of his death, with many taking to Twitter to pay tribute.
Among the first to pay tribute was Golden Globes host Ricky Gervais, who had only just come offstage from presenting the annual awards ceremony in LA when the news broke.
Prime Minister David Cameron also used the social media site to honour the singer, writing:
News of David’s death was announced by his publicist, with a note on his official website, which read: "David Bowie died peacefully today surrounded by his family after a courageous 18 month battle with cancer. While many of you will share in this loss, we ask that you respect the family’s privacy during their time of grief."
His film director son Duncan Jones later shared a very poignant photo of him as a child with his father on Twitter, writing: “Very sorry and sad to say it's true. I'll be offline for a while. Love to all.”